Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fun Playing with Salmon at Moxie

Yesterday, I met a friend for lunch at one of the Cleveland area's best restaurants - Moxie. We sat outside on the patio, and enjoyed two very different, but delightful, treatments of salmon.


House smoked salmon, red onion, cheese, potato chips




The BLT SALAD - iceberg lettuce, neuske bacon, herb croutons, red onions and Northern Ranch Dressing with grilled salmon

This dish was fabulous. Moxie is one of the few places I trust for fresh salmon. And today's lunch did not disappoint - the perfectly crispy skin alone was worth the price of admission! Though I forgot to ask for dressing on the side, the salad was moist without being drowned.


Close-up on the Bacon


Buttermilk Blue Cheese

On the side, at my request. I actually liked it more than I usually like Bleu cheeses, which is to say I ate about a teaspoon of it. It went very well against the strong flavor of the salmon. And don't worry, we didn't let it go to waste!

Moxie is always a fun place to play with food; it is my favorite East Side business lunch destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment