Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fun Playing With Birthday Sushi at Pacific East Solon

Bob and I shared two fabulous meals for my birthday on Monday. First - lunch at Pacific East Solon. We started with two items from the sushi bar "specials" board, then completed the meal by sharing three rolls and two inari.

Toro Nigiri

The fatty tuna offered rich texture and great flavor.

Torched Waygu Beef


Asparagus Roll

Victoria Roll

Lobster salad, tuna, escalor tuna, avocado, masago, mini rice puff wrapped w/ soy bean paper (they held the cucumber at my request). 

Iso Maki 

Tuna, salmon, yellowtail, avocado, mayonnaise, bonito flake, seaweed flake wrapped w. special seaweed (they again held the cucumber at my request).


Inari 

Bob had never before enjoyed this delicacy; I had forgotten how much I love this simple dish. Fried tofu skin is stuffed with slightly sweetened sushi rice and sesame seeds. 

I don't know why we don't visit Pacific East more often; their raw fish is pristine and their service exquisite. Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I too just went to Pac East (except on Coventry) for a b-day dinner. Love that place.

    ReplyDelete